We recognise how our business impacts on the environment. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations. Although the legal profession is not a power-heavy industry, we have traditionally been paper-heavy and the need to securely destroy papers have limited our ability to recycle.
As a firm, prior to adopting this specific policy, we have undertaken various environmental initiatives such as using recycled, and recyclable paper, introducing recycling, switching off lights and printers, and ensuring our electricity comes from 100% renewable sources. We continue to look at ways to reduce our impact on the environment.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the provision of legal services:
- Waste disposal/Recycling
- Consumption of energy, water and other resources
- Production and disposal of correspondence and paper files
- Consumption of paper
- Consumption of printer cartridges
- Travel to and from the office and to clients, court etc.
The company is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to continually improving our environmental performance.
We are committed to working with our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives:
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste, pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess all aspects to our company
- Buy and source sustainable goods
By making the business greener, more efficient and achieving cost effectiveness, our intention is to re-invest saved funds in the business and in the staff.
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation.
This environmental policy is displayed and openly available to all members of the public via our website.
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Clarke Kiernan LLP management and a shared responsibility with our employees. Michel Jouanneau has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
SIGNED: Catherine McCarthy and Daniel Bonich
GREEN CHAMPION APPOINTED FOR ENVIRONMENTAL ENQUIRIES:
T: 01732 360999
E : firstname.lastname@example.org